Make it ship-shape.
After “actively working” on Fallout 4 DLC, Far Harbor’s performance problems on PS4, Bethesda now has a fix – a full re-release of the entire pack.
Announced on the Bethesda forums (and spotted by VG24/7), the developer says you’ll have to re-download the pack to fix the issues, and provided the following instructions for installing it:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
Bethesda adds: “If for any reason these steps do not work, you can delete Fallout 4 (and all add-on content) and simply reinstall the game (and add-ons from scratch).”
Currently, the new version of the DLC is only available in North America, but the Bethesda Twitter account has said the EU update will follow in the “very near future”.
It seems like it’s worth the effort – we gave Far Harbor and 8.3 score, saying it “adds a large amount of great quests and content within its gloomy but distinctive island setting”.
Joe Skrebels is IGN’s UK News Editor, and maybe this is all some kind of horrible Lovecraftian test. Follow him on Twitter.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.